Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rice

  I was very interested in the rice crop while in Viet Nam. We arrived as it was planted and it was being harvested as we left. I saw the drying process and I now understand why it is important to rinse your rice before you cook it. After harvesting they spread the rice out along the side of the hyway to dry in the sun. The use what they have ya' know. They use wooden rakes to spread it while standing in it in bare feet. I saw the tire tracks from tour busses and motorbikes in the drying rice, so now I rinse my rice before cooking. With our new rice cooker we have hot rice available any time of the day.







     My hope over the next few weeks is to experiment with the rice cooker to make sticky rice and try some of the recipes that the book suggests, some of which can easily be converted to vegetarian if they are not already. We also want to shop in the Asian market and hope to find what we need to make some of the Vietnamese dishes we like.
Next vacation visit beautiful Viet Nam
Hen gap lai
An 

No comments:

Post a Comment